Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Celebrating new babies

There were three baby showers going on today. I got to be a hostess for two of them. A Tonka truck theme was used for one of the showers where an adoption was being celebrated. The big boy is 20 months old. Welcome Billy!
I copied this cake off one I saw online. Trey helped me carve out the road. But my first helper was Dean. He climbed up on the table and took care of a large section of one of the cakes while it was cooling...little stinker. He didn't even leave one crumb.
The hostess and the guest of honor. It was a great afternoon. I don't have any pictures of the second shower, but it was beautiful. I have to brag on my husband. He had all the kids for over 4 hours while I partied. I did bring him home a piece of cake though:) That makes it fair, right?

9 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    The cake was adorable - I wish I had gotten a piece. You did a great job and thanks for doubling up.!

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Holly said…

    That cake was so cool! I was really impressed.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    What a cute cake! I just loved it! I am sure that it tasted great but since I was scrambling to the second shower I did not get to enjoy it. It was good to visit with you a little bit yesterday:)

     
  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Whew - I'm impressed by that cake! And love the pics of the kiddos in your previous post, too.

    Love you!

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    That cake is too cute! Miss you!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    You will always be my cake hero.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Whitney said…

    Wow, you made that cake? Talent, talent! I didn't make it to the 1st shower b/c we were driving back from Olney, so I didn't get to taste it!

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    Wow, what a cute theme. I love the cake and the trucks for decorations. I am so stealing that idea for a little boy birthday. What a happy fun day you must of had.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Robyn said…

    Love everything about that party!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home