Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Autism walk and other news

Today we got to be a part of Autism Speaks and their effort to raise support and money. It was a walk at the zoo plus lots of extras, like bounce houses and getting to visit with dogs that participate in the pet therapy program. Evan has a classmate whose twin brother has autism. So we joined some good friends to support Konner's Krowd. It was a great day - beautiful weather, and a great turn out.
Last weekend we went to check on our baby cows. All the kids especially Andie, would love to pet these babies. But they are just so jumpy at this age. So the best the kids can do is chase them around.
This is Dynamo, the cow we bottle fed in our backyard over a year ago. She has turned out to be our best looking cow. I have to laugh saying she's the best looking, but giving you a picture of her rear - you'll have to trust me. If I'm learning things right, I believe the real test will be how good of a momma cow she is. We'll find that out in just a few months.
And the highlight of last week was a quick visit fom my mom, Nana. I wish we didn't live so far apart. She and my dad were amazing parents. But I love their role now. They are my biggest fan. My mom always finds some way to encourage and build me up as a mom. The role of a parent can be so hard, and my mom remembers it well. I also love to see my parents as grandparents. They are so loving and giving. My mom gave Andie this new dress, complete with purse, shoes, hat, tights - the works. The dress said it was made for the girl who loves to twirl, so they had to get it for their Andie.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    What great pictures!

    I hope you all are not sick of the zoo!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Cute shirts for the Konner's Krowd! Mark makes fun of me sarcastically calling me a country girl but I was at the farm every Sunday as a child and have wonderful memories from it. Our cows were like big puppy dogs and seeing your kids chase after them reminds me of my childhood. They are too cute.

    That is a precious dress for Andie and a great picture of your mom. Glad your bloggin this month :)

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Procters said…

    Autism Speaks is very important to us. I'm so glad you got a chance to participate in the walk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home