Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Conversation with God

I walked in the bathroom and found my daughter there. She giggled in an embarrassed way. And said, "Oh, hi mom. I was just talking to God."
I replied,"Oh really? What did He say?"
"He told me to use the potty. That it would be ok."
I was so very delighted to hear this! My son had big issues potty training, and I feel like my daughter has patterned his behavior. Crying, freaking out, not wanting to give up control, etc..... I pray for a lot of things, but I can't say I have ever prayed about potty training. And for the huge stress it can be - I should have been praying. It would be a great story if I could say that she was potty trained from that moment on. The accidents and tears continue. But what a sweet moment it was to know about my daughter's conversation with God. And the reminder it is to me to remember to take everything in prayer to Him.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    This is awesome:).
    I wish everyone success:)!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    That is so sweet...I can picture her adorable little face saying that right now. I just love moments like those when you know that they really understand that God is there for them to talk to anytime about anything.

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Larissa said…

    That is such a sweet story! Little children are so neat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home