Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Goings on

Well, we are going at our usual fast pace. We are loving everything to do with Christmas. We have already had 3 Christmas celebrations. My sister traveled our way over Thanksgiving. So we went ahead and exchanged gifts then. It looks like we might get to see the over Christmas anyway. My big sis is 8 months pregnant, almost 9. So she thought they would not be traveling, but she is going to brave the 12 hr - 2 day trip so the cousins can be together. We'll see how that goes. Guess I could pack a delivery pack for her just in case.

As I buy presents for people, I get all aglow, excited for them to receive their gifts. I just can't stand the waiting, I want to give the gifts out right away. My husband is calm, and is willing to wait. I have been asking him for weeks if he was curious what his presents were and, "Don't you want to open them?" At first he was a rock. But he finally broke. It was actually his idea for us to have our family Christmas last Sunday afternoon. We will be at my parents for Christmas, so there is plenty of celebrating left to be had. The reason why my husband wanted us to open our gifts was because he knew he had done good! I think this is the first Christmas gift that I have truly been surprised. We usually need a camera or furniture or something like that. We buy it and say that's our gift to each other. And I always was great with that. But man, being surprised is lots of fun!


Here's something I have not posted on: Some of you are familiar with my dining room table and chairs. I can only imagine the conversations that have taken place over the plastic I keep on my dining table. Well, we bought this beautiful table and chairs before we had kids. And we hope for it to last forever. So now that we know how destructive kids innocently are, it is covered in plastic. My 3 yr old got a hold of a black sharpie and colored my upholstered chair. And man she colored hard! AHHHH!! My husband put alot of scrubbing time in and has almost gotten it all out. I just saw that she also colored the wooden brace of the table as well. At least she is cute!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Sooo...what'd ya get?

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I'll 2nd that, what was the great suprise. I told my husband what I wanted and he said "go get it and while your out buy a card and sign my name to it". NO KIDDING. So I did.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home