Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Andie's sister

Evan got to have a friend spend the night last weekend. They had so much fun. Non-stop trains and planes! Andie left the boys to play, as though she knew it was "a boy thing". She seemed ok at first, but I could tell that she was becoming down, not having a place. I called her to my room and gave her a pink crown and purple magic wand that I had bought for her a few days earlier. She was so pleased. I loved watching her face light up. She told me her name was Cinderella. She waved her wand a few times. Then told me she made a sister. She went on to tell me how she was going to take good care of her. I was really taken back that she created a sister. A sister! How sweet and how sad! I only entertained the idea for a quick second of truly giving her a sister. I'm sure she truly is wanting a playmate. She did help me realize that we always have boys over to play. I will be more mindful of her desires to play princess and care bears. Anyway, after she made a sister, she went into the boys room. She waved her magic wand over their heads and ordered them to be a chicken and a pig. "Now you cluck, and you oink." How I wish I would have known to have a video camera going!

4 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Aww. The imagination of children!! It is amazing what they come up with. I love that she made you into her sister. We have the exact opposite situation at my house - all girls and one boy. I know that Andie enjoys that special time with you. She's so cute.

    BTW-I need to keep a video camera hooked on my belt. The things that kids do and say are AWESOME!!!

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    When Ella gets a little bigger, you're welcome to take her for a night or two. I'm sure she'll be a good stand in for a little sister :)

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    I love this story. I also love that things were made better with a crown and a magic wand. She is a smart girl turning those boys into little animals. Andie always warms my heart with her little stories.

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    I think Andie needs a little sister too - hint hint! She is so precious and has always had the sweetest spirit. I am impressed you have already had a slumber party. We have yet to do that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home