Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happy 4th Evan!!

Evan has been looking forward to his birthday for 9 months! It was a joy to give him everything he wanted. Balloons, bike riding with friends, and soccer playing. A while ago I asked Evan who he wanted to invite to his party. He made it clear that daddy and I were not on the list. I told him if we were not invited he would not have a cake. He quickly responded that Mimi and Nana would make one. "Evan, if mommy and daddy can't come then you won't get a bike." I replied thinking this would change his mind. He replied as though he had thought of this for a while - "Nana and Grandave will get one for me. You can't come." He said this in a joking tone, but I was a little hurt. Anyway - he did come around (all on his own) and tell us many times that he wanted us there. Especially when he watched me make his cake. He would hug my legs and tell me he loved me and that I could come to his party....and daddy, too.

Pictured are Trey's parents (Papa and Mimi) and grandparents (Mom-aw and Dad-aw). And Evan's new bike!
The team photo. I made jerseys for the kids to wear, and each got their own inflatable soccer ball. Trey also had a shirt that said coach, complete with a whistle. He led the kids in some "soccer drills."
Pretty cool soccer ball cake! See why he invited me!?! Happy Birthday Evan Luke!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Whoa!
    I'm impressed, Julie - that cake looks awesome!

    Looks like everyone had a great time . . . the VBS looks great, too - It's so fun to see Jack growing up, too!

    Love,
    Celeste

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Looks like you all had a great birthday party - Happy Birthday Evan!

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Once again, you amaze me! If I tried to make a soccer cake it would for sure not look like that. Great party!

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Julie is impressive. My sister has that same cake pan, but it has never had the little star iceing on it. I think she usually starts that way and then gets board and just smears the icing on the cake. I was thinking about little Even yesterday and was wondering if he was excited about his birthday. I can't believe he is 4!!!! Glad you got to attend the party. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home