Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Friday, May 18, 2007

30th Birthday!!

Turning 30 has been wonderful. I feel very accomplished and satisfied with my life. So turning 30 feels very appropriate. I used it as a motivator to get in shape and make some positive changes in my life. Tonight, I invited some of my favorite people to eat at Tamales restaurant with me and Trey. Pictured are Dorothy, Melissa, myself, and April. (their husbands are there as well.) Dorothy and her husband invited us to eat at this restaurant the first time we met them in Bible class almost two years ago. It really made me feel at home in a foreign place. We had a great time tonight - I hope it motivates us all to make date nights a regular thing.
Trey surprised me this morning with a wonderful birthday gift - Money! I have shopped all day - it has been so fun. First, Trey and Dean shopped with me - then I sent them home for naps while I shopped till I dropped.
After dinner we went to see Shrek the Third - so great! So funny! Go see it. Lindi and her family got to join us at the show. While we are taking this picture, a poor kid was throwing up right beside us. We didn't know what to do - do you do something? - I mean if he needs to throw up, he needs to throw up. So we smiled and took the picture .....and were relieved when his mom showed up, whew!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Great pictures! I love your sweater. It is great seeing April through pictures too:)!! Happy Birthday. It was so good getting to talk to you yesterday. Can't wait to see you.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger summer said…

    Happy Birthday, Julie! I'll be joining the ranks of the 30 year olds in a couple months. You make it look easy, so I guess that's good!

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Happy Birthday!!!
    Your pictures here are so good. I love you and I can't wait to see you again.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Robyn said…

    Happy Birthday!! Glad it was so great!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    HOT MAMMA Julie you look awesome. I am jealous. I love the big smile on your face. Sorry I called the day after your birthday. I thought of you on both days. : )Love you lots sweet friend and so glad you are 30. It isn't so bad once you get used to saying you are 30. Besides we are married to more mature 30 somethings so 30 doesn't seem so bad. : )

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Larissa said…

    You look so great Julie! Happy Birthday! BTW...funny throw up story!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home