Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day of School

Evan and Andie proudly posed for their 1st day of school picture. They had a hard time falling to sleep last night being so full of excitement for today. We went to open house last Thurs. Both of them had a hard time leaving that night - they were ready for a full day, not just 30 minutes. Well, today was the day! They both happily went to their classes. I love my sweet babies. I love how excited they are for their backpacks, their lunches, and the much anticipated playground. Andie has never been on this playground. But Evan has talked about it so much she can't wait.
Andie's teacher, and my dear friend, Ms. Shana. God has blessed Shana with an incredible gift of teaching young children. Words cannot express how thankful I am that Andie gets to be in her classroom every Tuesday and Thursday.
Evan's big 4 year old class! Here he is with his teacher, Ms. Nicole. Ms. Nicole was just showing Bryce, Kyal, and Evan where to hang their backpacks. Apparently,when you're 4, it's an esteem building experience to find your name marking the exact place for your backpack and nap mat. Evan's eyes sparkled everytime he found his name. "E-V-A-N Evan!" he would shout. I left Evan looking like this and picked him up with yellow paint all over his shirt, two skinned knees, a skinned chin and cut hand. He says it all involved a yellow truck. He had tons of fun! It makes my heart warm to know my kids are in a great place with great people watching over them.

10 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    What a fun and exhausting day!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Aidan wasn't quite that beat up, but he did have a scratched toe - he blamed it on another boy from class. I'm sure they will have a good year - let's hope we avoid major injuries!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    Precious... of course Andie's hair is perfect as usual! Ha!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    I am so glad that both Andie and Evan had a great first day! They both look adorable in their back to school outfits:) I enjoyed seeing you yesterday morning, maybe next time we can actually sit closer and have a conversation with each other.

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger summer said…

    It is hard to believe we could possibly have kids old enough for preschool! My mom and I were looking through my baby book when we were home for my birthday and you were in all of my earliest party pictures. Too bad I have no memory of any of them! We should definitely try to get together soon...

    We're STILL trying to sell our house, so hopefully we'll back in town before too long.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Andie looks so big! I am glad their first day went good. Miss y'all!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    They are soo precious!
    I'm so glad they like school so much. What a blessing Andie's in Shana's class . . .

    And, Andie's hair is SO long! I guess it's been up or something in the pictures; We can't get over how big they're getting!

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Nicole is a good friend of mine. You need to tell her HI and to start blogging again!

    Looks like you guys are off to a great start.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Your kids have really changed a lot this past summer. I wish we lived closer so I could know them better. I have always enjoyed my time with them and they are so cute. Hope they have a good school year.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sorry that Evan got all beat up at school. And today he probably had paint all over him. We do have fun, but with 9 boys out of 11 children, I have a feeling there will be some accidents this year. We love having Evan in class. He is full of energy and fun! I'll try to keep the scrapes to a minimum. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home