Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Tree

We have not put up a Christmas Tree the last few years due to: 1) no space in our home and
2) I didn't want to constantly tell the kids "no" & "stop". Well, we decided the older two kids are old enough to enjoy everything to do with the season and have enough self control to not break every decoration. We found the perfect idea for our home. A tree that fits in a corner, or a fourth of a tree. Perfect for tight spaces. Trey and I set it up soon after it arrived. The kids reaction warmed our hearts when they woke the next morning. I held Evan and Andie's hand and brought them to the living room. They gasped and oohed and ahhed. Then Andie said quietly, "Christmas", like something truly profound had taken place. Evan gripped my hand tight and leaned into me and said very seriously, "momma, go get my daddy. He has got to see this." This was only the prelit tree - no decorations or anything. We had some great family time that day getting the decorations out and letting the kids create a masterpiece. We took them shopping this evening so they could each pick out one ornament themselves. I love parenting moments such as what I experienced tonight. The kids loved going through the isles of Christmas decor. I would love for each person that created the decorations at Lowes to have witnessed my kids reaction. I look forward to the upcoming weeks.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    How fun! I can't wait to put up our Christmas decorations! It's so much fun! Luckily, Morgan's never really tried to get the ornaments off the tree! I know Jason's mom used to only put ornaments on the top half b/c his little sister would have them all torn off.

    Where did you get a "half" tree anyways? That would be perfect for our house too.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    I love it!

    It was so good to talk to you . . .

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Your post nearly got me choked up. I have been waiting along with your children for you to get a tree. I am so happy. You even beat me in getting your tree up. Aren't you glad you did it?

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I love it! It fits just perfectly. Aidan likes it, too. He's going to have to wait awhile for his tree. I'm tired!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home