Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

School Pictures and Thankgiving Feast

Evan and Andie got to share in a Thanksgiving Feast with all of their classmates today. Dean and I got to watch their special meals. I know the teachers put in a lot of work to make the time special. The pictures aren't in order. Andie's meal was first, then Evan's.
After watching Andie's class, it was sweet to see the maturity progression when I watched Evan enjoy his Thanksgiving Feast in his 4's class. As their teacher explained the meal to the kids, she asked them to pray. She became choked up telling them that they are sitting so close that they could hold hands while they prayed. She then asked who would pray. My son raised his hand and loudly said that he would. I expected the routine/memorized prayer he says before our meals at home. But it was different and so perfectly sweet. Now I was choked up.
Indian Evan, aka, "Jumping Dog" proudly modeling his Indian attire. Happy Thanksgiving!
Andie and some of her classmates wearing their pilgrim hats. The boys wore Indian headresses. Dessert was clearly the favorite part of their Thanksgiving feast. They used the snack chip, bugles. Then put white icing inside to attach Trix cereal to the bugel. That made a very cute mini cornicopia!

Evan's 4 year old school picture.

Andie's school picture. She is now 3, but is in the old 2's class.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    Today was so sweet. I have never gotten emotional at school, but today was just special. My class this year is truly one of my favorites of all time. I agree that Evan's prayer was so precious and perfect for the occasion. I'm glad that you were able to join us and I know Evan loves sharing his class with you. Thanks for helping out!!

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Joley said…

    It looks like the kiddos had great fun! We are so thankful for them and for you and Trey. See you soon.

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    So fun! I'm so glad you got a picture of their class. Your kids are precious! I love their school pictures.

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    OH your kids are getting so big and are still so CUTE!!!!! I love the name jumping dog. Very fitting for Evan man. Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    I love these pictures!

    It's been so good to visit with you:). Thank you for your sweet words and calls.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home