Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Snowy Day!

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since the snow and I haven't posted about it! We had the most perfect snow two Sundays ago. While the kids were taking their Sunday nap, Trey and I gathered up all the snow gear so we could be ready for some serious snow play. After the older kids woke up we the fun began! We made 5 snowmen total. One for each in our family. The kids decorated their own faces. Their mouths are red licorice, carrot for a nose, and pecan eyes. Dean has gum drop eyes.
Trey could roll up the snow like it was insulation. It was crazy!
Sweet Andie loved the snow! Building the snowman was her favorite, and making a snow angel was a close second favorite. Evan loved it all. He seemed especially pleased to throw snowballs. He was a little hesitant at first. Like, "Am I reading this right? Is my momma telling me to throw things at people?"
Dean slept through it all. But we brought him out to let him check it out. He kept lightly touching the snow saying "this, this". It was a wonderful afternoon with my family. I am so thankful for my family and for the snow God made that brought such a special time.

But we made a terrible late night discovery! Some very cold hearted person pushed over our snow family! I took it very personally. How could someone destroy our special family time symbol?! Well husband to the rescue! He rolled and wheel barrowed the biggest snowballs from the destroyed snowmen and rebuilt "the biggest snowman ever" in our backyard. This way when the kids woke up in the morning excited to see the snowmen, it wouldn't be so dissappointing. It worked! Way to go husband!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Ya'll totally win for the best snowfamily ever! I'm so impressed. Did you take a picture of the snowgiant? What good memories. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    I love the snow family. So sweet!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Okay I feel guilty now for not at least making 1 snowman with my kids. Next time, which may be soon I promise to build a snowman/or snowwoman. But I won't even attempt the snow family. Lindi

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I love the snow family. I am sorry someone knocked it down:( I would love to see Trey's giant snowman. Glad that you all got to make some fun family memories together.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Whitney said…

    We didn't get to make a snowman either! Morgan was in Odessa while we went to the game in Nebraska. It looked like fun!

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Procters said…

    I was just clicking through blogs and found your's through April. You have such a precious family! Oh, and AWESOME snow building skills. I love blogs...Come visit ours. Cherise

     

Post a Comment

<< Home