Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged. I'd been holding off so I could write 100 things on my 100th post, but that's a ways a way. And this is only 5 things.

The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

I choose 5 random/weird things about myself:

1). I am a city girl who married a country boy. We live in the city currently. But have cows out in the country. A year ago, I had to bottle feed a baby brangus cow who had been abandoned her mother. She stayed in my city backyard for 3 months getting 3-4 1/2 gallon bottles a day. I learned to only stick the bottle out the back door, for If I went outside she would want to feed the way nature intended. She would keep butting her head between my legs. Uh, not ok with me and my pregnant belly. And she reminded me of a goat as she would eat the kids backyard toys. Anyway, I was relieved when Animal Control Services showed up on my doorstep to ask me if I had a cow in my backyard. Kinda ackward to be turned in, (we were only trying to save the life of a baby afterall) but I was glad to see Dynamo be shipped to the ranch. Happy to announce, Dynamo is about to have her own baby.

2). I have a massage therapy license.

3). I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm pretty sure I got carpal tunnel from doing so many massages.

4.) I had braces as an adult. When I was little, I used to put foil gum wrappers over my teeth and pretend that I had braces. Why? Anyway, I was excited to get my braces off and pick out a retainer. I picked out a pretty color of green for my retainer. I later discovered that my retainers glow in the dark.

5.) So my nightly attire consists of cast-like carpal tunnel braces on both hands and glow-in-the dark retainers. My poor husband!!

I tag Katy, Anne, Melissa, Lindi, Erica, and Whitney

5 Comments:

  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I loved dynamo, glad to hear she's about to be a momma and oh my gosh, now wonder your teeth are gorgeous!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I knew about the cow and the massage therapy license, but the other fantastic facts were new to me. You do have beautiful teeth. I cracked up imagining you w/ a glow in the dark retainer and braces on your arms. Are you bringing your attire to Canton?

    I'll try to think of my 5 things and post - later!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    My favorite part was about the glowing retainers:). Awesome!!

    Thanks for sharing:)

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    I used the put foil on my teeth too!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    So proud of Dynamo. I think of her often. Especially when we have calves. I never hope for twins on our ranch!!!! I have to say I need to remember to count my blessings when Aric brings home dead animals and not live ones.
    Sure love you friend. I have a feeling I too will have the pretty wrist braces. It is the fate of many hygienist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home