Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Bunk, not bump, Bed


For over a year I have been looking for bunk beds. I have looked off and on over the internet. I found this bed several months ago, but there was no rush. I just thought it was a good idea - the stairs and all. Well, I discovered a few days ago that Evan has out grown his Thomas the Train toddler bed. So feeling pressure, I went to every furniture store in town. I must give a plug for Ashley furniture store. I had been to at least eight stores before them. Their showroom is beautiful, and they had an area for kids to sit play video games and eat cookies while I made decisions. And they had the best sales lady, Pam. I wish Evan had liked one of their beds. Anyway, he was very set on this one. I love the stairs for safety, he just thinks they are cool. Plus! We got free mattresses and free shipping for ordering by today. I'll let you know how they work out.

Referring to the bunk bed, Andie told Trey, "Daddy don't worry, the bed won't bump you, just me." Confused, Trey asks her to repeat what she is trying to say. She says the same thing. Trey tells her, "Andie it's called a bunk bed, not bump bed." Andie's face drops, she starts shaking her head looking devastated. She tells her daddy that "mommy say it's a bump bed, mommy say it's a bump bed." So I annunciate and spell out the two words and try to clear up the confusion. The poor girl starts tearing up, and refuses to let us console her. She really thought we were getting her a bed that would bump her around. After Trey put these words in her head, Andie came to tell me "I don't like bait and switch, Mommy."

5 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    I love the "Bump" bed! I do believe that is the coolest one I have ever seen. Evan will love the stairs. Poor Andie Grace though. The thought of being bumped in bed is scary. Sweet girl. Will Dean be joining Evan in the bunk bed?

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    Bait and switch? Where has she heard that? So funny! Bunk beds will be fun!

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    I love, love, love the bed! Those stairs are a great idea. I might have to get me one of those, not for the kids, for me! I am sure Mike wouldn't mind :)!!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    What a fun bed. I bet it is almost as fun as a bump bed? Sweet Andie. How sad to have your world crumbled over bait and switch. I can so hear you laughing hard when your daughter said that to you. : ) Miss you friend.

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Still multitasking? I love that the stairs are drawers! Of course, my thought is-do you get to pick out new bedding? That's even more fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home