Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Husband!


Today is Trey's 38th birthday. It got me thinking back to when we first met. Trey and I met a couple days before his 30th birthday. He turned 30 while we were on a medical mission trip in Cusco, Peru. I don't think he planned on telling anyone on the trip that it was his birthday. But I saw it on his passport, and word got out. Everyone had a fun time celebrating Trey's 30th. The hotel workers made him a huge chocolate cake - I don't think it had any sugar in it, but it was very pretty. (Probably why Peruvians are small, and we are not.) He was sung to in many languages. I love the image of the Peruvians surrounding his pharmacy belting out their version of "happy birthday."
It's fun to know that this is the 9th birthday I have celebrated with Trey. I am just tickled at the idea of growing old together. Happy Birthday Husband! Much Love!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Happy Birthday Trey! Maybe things will slow down and I can actually pick up my phone and call you over Spring Break :)!!

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Robyn said…

    I love that I was there to witness the beginning of your love story! Happy Birthday, Trey!

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Happy Birthday Trey!
    This birthday is probably much better than the 30th . . . this one doesn't include scabies, does it?!:)

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Joley said…

    Whoa! He had a lot of hair back then!!! Happy birthday brother.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Mimi said…

    Nothing like a sisters reality comments! What a special son!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home