Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Steal of a Deal!!

My husband's family has a fun shopping tradition each year after Thanksgiving. Last year was the first year I got to join in on the shopping trip. They go to places in Coleman, TX and Santa Anna, TX, as well as great places in Abilene. Last year when we were in That Santa Anna Store, I remember seeing the neatest chair. Looks like a recliner, but it swivels, rocks, reclines. And it was staged with beautiful coordinating furniture and floral arrangements. But I didn't have room in my current house, and most importantly, it was very expensive.

Well, my husband took me back to Santa Anna today, so we could start our Christmas shopping. (By the way, we have decided to buy everything locally this year, nothing off the internet, as to support out local ecomomy.) I didn't see the chair in the store this time. So I described the chair to the ladies, hoping to get to sit in it one more time. The owner knew just what I was talking about. She brought me right to the chair. She said a couple had just bought it, but decided to exchange it for a different one. So she said," I'll give it to you for $200". This is over 80% off the original price!! Merry Christmas to me! We brought it home and I rocked each of my babies, read them all a book in it, and I am just as happy as could be.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Summer said…

    Sounds great! Post a picture. I want to see you rockin' in that steal of a deal! Why is it that good things are always so much better when they're on sale?

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Joley said…

    I can't wait to see your chair. I love shopping at the places you mentioned! I am so ready to come home and do some shopping.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger jackie said…

    Definitely need a picture.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    We need to see this chair...show us a picture!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home