Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Andie!

My baby girl turned four at the end of September. We waited to celebrate her special day till all out of town family could make it in. We partied at May Farms. We had seen the animals at church and the kids T/Th school - but we got the full animal treatment today. We got to feed a variety of animals, most of which were decked out in bandannas - and boy were they hungry! Pictured is Andie pulling a 7 week old donkey. When it came to this "battle of the wills", my little girl came out on top. She had the donkey walking with her in no time. This was one of the cutest things I had ever seen. She would make a fine ranch hand.
Andie had just held a fluffy white bunny for a long time, when she tried holding the guinea pig. She didn't like the claws of the guinea pig, but loved it's squeaky noises.
(Aunt Joley - the kids all still know this as Oreo.) My nephew apparently tired of the traditional form of hand feeding the animals. So he decided to let the animal grab the feed from his mouth. He is the last kid I would have expected to show this kind of bravery - so even though this is pretty gross - I'm proud of him!
A huge highlight for Andie was getting to ride this horse, Cotton. She has looked forward to this for a long time. She was all giggles. Cotton gave ride after ride spreading joy to all the children.
And here is Andie's birthday cake. I grouped about 20 cupcakes together to form a horse head then slopped the icing on to make it look like a cake. Got to be the easiest one I have ever done.

We had a great weekend. I truly love house guests. Although I am grateful for the house I have, I do look forward to the day when I can have a home large enough to fit everyone. I love the old Irish saying, "May my house always be too small to fit all my friends." I am blessed by so many friends and family that celebrate my children with me.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    Happy belated Birthday, Andie!

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    Wish we could have been there! Love and miss you all!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    Looks like an awesome b-day.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Your cake is AWESOME! Way to go! I'm glad everything turned out so fun.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    How fun!!! I sure love that little Andie!! She will always have a special place in my heart. She is just too cute!!! Glad she had a good party. It looked perfect for her.
    We want to come be your house guest!!! I love going to see friends. Annie loves playing with friends. We need to come see you guys.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    She is precious! Happy Birthday Andie.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    LOVE the pic with the baby donkey:).
    Happy Bday (a little late!) Andie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home