Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stay-cation

Trey was on vacation from his job this week. He called it a stay-cation because we stayed in town. It has been wonderful! We took the kids to Frontier Texas on Monday. It was all of our first time. It is too old for the kids, but it was a wonderful day anyway.

Tuesday we went for our first visit to our bounce house place in town. 30 seconds into it, my 2 year old got trapped inside one of the bigger bounce houses. Truly trapped. It took me 3 attempts to pull him out from the suffocating wedge he was in. It was really scarry. (When I told another mom about this, she said she had heard of that happening a couple other times on that same bounce house. Yikes!) While I was pulling him, my foot was unknowingly on top of my daughter's foot. So I had two screaming kiddos that I was trying to get out of a bounce house. Both kids were fine after a good cry. Then they ran and jumped till they could go no more.

On another day we were invited to eat with some very special people. James and Ruby are special family friends of ours. They filled us with burgers, beans and chocolate pie - and insisted that we take the pie home - yum,yum!

Throughout the week Trey and Evan watched clips from Star Wars movies. Well, we had no idea that an animated version was in the theaters. Anyway, the two of them went to go see that, and we all enjoyed a Star Wars happy meal.

I am so glad Trey's boss talked him into taking time off. Now we feel rested and ready for the kids school to start.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger The Walters' Family said…

    Oh, I'm so glad Trey took off. It is so nice just being able to chill out at home. I know when Travis is home...I still have work to do, but can relax a little more...knowing two more eyes are watching the kiddos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home