Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Recommendation


Over the last few years I have heard about this book, but I had no need for it yet. About 3 or 4 months ago, Evan kept telling me how he wanted to read. I was reminded of this book when a lady that I really respect started talking about this book. She used it to teach all her kids to read. I went straight to the bookstore to grab one. Evan has done so well. I love how his eyes light up with each discovery he makes. He is now on lesson 23 and has been reading short sentences for the last three days. My mom has done the last several lessons with him. She is a high school special education teacher, and uses this same curriculum on her students. This book is, what I'll call scripted. It tells the parent/teacher exactly what to say. We're not 1/4 of the way through and see great results already. Definitely recommended by me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home