Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I'm young, right??

I made a Dr's appointment to discuss my carpal tunnel treatment options. I requested to have my cholesterol checked on Tuesday, as it had been borderline in the past. I found out today that it is high. My doctor wanted to put me on medication. While he was talking about the lowest cost drug out there, I was chanting "I'm only 30, I'm only 30" in my head. Seriously, I'm only 30, ok, 31 this month. High cholesterol? Really? But I convinced him to give me 3 months to change my diet, then reevaluate things. There are definitely a lot bad carbs I can leave out of my diet. I don't feel like I eat a ton of saturated fat, but maybe I have been? I'm hoping that having my doctor tell me to change things will help me tell my cravings "No!" I am a nurse after all, I like to follow Dr's orders. So here's to the next 3 months. I do have a problem....I have a freezer full of beef, that apparently I am not allowed to eat. T-bones, no more.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Monica said…

    Hey I too just had my cholesterol checked. I don't know the results. My ekg came back that I had had a heart attack! No worries we all know I have not had a heart attack. It was probably placement of the electrodes. Just to be safe they checked my cholesterol. I was feeling old too. It just seems wrong.

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I can't believe it! If YOU have high cholesterol I definately need to have mine checked. You are definately motivated. I see you in action all the time. I'm sure you will have it under control in 1 month. :)

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Absolutely, you're young! And, one of the healthiest people I know, too!

    Happy Birthday, btw:). I hope you got my message:).

    Remember, you can always demand a second opinion . . . or eat Cheerios for a living:).

    Love you,

    Celeste

     

Post a Comment

<< Home