Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Dishwasher Blues

We bought a new dishwasher when we moved into this house almost 3 years ago. About a week ago I noticed I was having a hard time getting the dishwasher door to open. Now, I can't get it to open at all. I have at least two loads worth overflowing from my sink to the counter. I hate to wash dishes by hand! Inside, I am stomping my feet and screaming NO! NO! I don't really know why I hate it. I'm not lazy. And any time I hand wash dishes, I'm always so surprised how quick the job was. But I hate it. I got to thinking - I always had a dishwasher growing up. Money was always tight and a stressful subject, but we always had a dishwasher. So it's just how I'm wired, right? It's a convenience, not a necessity, I know. But I'm still putting off the job. I decided to come write about it, than just get in my kitchen and get the job done...... Great! Now I can't think of anything else to write..... guess I'll stomp my way to my sink full of dishes and try to conquer the mountain.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    Oh, I feel for you. Seriously. When we rented our house in San Angelo we didn't have a dishwasher. (The house was built in the 30's.) I hated it! I can't stand clutter and take joy in stuffing dirty dishes away in the diswasher. Out of sight, out of mind until the load is full. :) Send Trey to Home Depot stat!!!!!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I agree, you just need to go get a new dishwasher. I had two babies and no dishwasher and had a breakdown. We all know that story, so I got a dishwasher. Don't have a nervous breakdown with dishes for 5 people AND being at home all day. It just means MORE dishes.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Hummm? Good wife!! I would have allready been to Lowes and had a dishwasher on the way. Especially since my husband would not have been home enough to notice the dishwasher was broken!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home