Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Surgery and such

My mom is coming to town today. She has selflessly planned to stay for as long as I need her. I am going in for day surgery on my hand Monday. The doctor is doing a carpal tunnel release on my right hand. So she is literally going to be my right hand mom. Hopefully my hand will heal quick so the other hand can be fixed while she is still here. I am sure I will be amazed how many daily tasks require the use of both hands. Most of them seem personal - getting dresses, doing hair, make-up and so on. Changing Dean's diaper will be interesting. But surely I can do it with one hand. Have y'all seen the internet videos of the mom with no arms? - Wow!

Yesterday, after I had lab work drawn, I joined Trey at his pharmacy to share a sandwich with him. We ate it sitting in the medical mall, laughing that this is what our dates have come down to. But today we are going to a wedding together. I always like attending weddings with my husband. It takes us back to our day, and our newlywed feelings for each other.

Well, a few posts ago I blogged about my broken dishwasher. Trey and I went looking for one this week. After going to the usual Lowes and Home Depot, we went to a local place, Beal's Appliance. They had exactly what we needed at a good price. And the process was just plain fun. Turns out the people there know Trey's family - so we had lots of good conversation. And they had every appliance that I want for my future home. I have been looking up stuff on line for awhile, but it was dreamy to see my future stove and refrigerator sitting in the same room. I have a feeling I'm in for a big reality check when all my dreams for my home meet up with the budget for the home. Oh,well!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    We will be praying your hand surgery goes well. Wish I could help out in some way. Let me know if I can. I may have to send your Mom a Starbucks gift card!:) She might need the extra caffeine boost after a few days.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    What you still have not had a dishwasher?? Poor little carple tunnel girl!!! Glad you are back with a dish washer. I have been thinking about you today. Hope you are not hurting too bad!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I should have told you my fridge came from Beal's. They really are great and have FREE delivery. I like that. I know you are home recovering. When you are ready for mc d's or wanna come over and play let me know. I'll call and check on you in the next day or 2

    love ya lindi & Crew

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Whitney said…

    I hope everything went well with your surgery. I'm glad your mom is there to help.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home