Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

laying around the house made sweeter

I made it through my first carpal tunnel surgery. It was a neat experience to go through. I learned some things I didn't know. And got to be a part of the medical world that I have been apart from for over three years now. Each and every staff member was wonderful. I was very well cared for. Every prayer answered.
My two younger kids didn't understand, and were a little traumatized by me being gone for the morning, then returning with a bandage and sling. Andie came running towards me happily shouting "Mommy!" Then she stopped when she could see my arm, and instantly became angry, and refused to come near me for a little while. This picture was just before their bedtime. I could hear them both crying for me, so I came out from my room for a sweet snuggle.
As soon as I came home from the hospital, I got a call - our new mattress was on it's way!!! Just in time for me to get to do all my recovery lay around time on it!!! I was so excited! I took pictures as they assembled the frame and everthing - the poor men probably thought I was trying to get "proof" of them doing something wrong. The picture is a boring picture, but it seemed like the thing to do, to snap a picture to capture this significant moment. Anyway, I love my bed. The one in the picture is long gone. Bye, Bye you pain inducing bed.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I really wasn't expecting a new post from you for a while, but I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to sit and type at the computer - and upload photos. You look great in the picture - as always!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    How do you type on the computer not long after surgery? I am confused. Great post. Glad to see you. I have thought about you all week. So very glad to see you got a new bed. So did you guys go up in size? I think you are the only couple I know that sleeps in a full size bed. Aric and I would have killed each other!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home