Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Latest Happenings

Saturday was a very special day. A special friend, who I hold in the highest regard, was married. Esther and I were labor & delivery nurses together. I always knew it would be a good night when we worked together. She is an extremely pleasant and uplifting person to be around. And a huge bonus was that Esther was a midwife in Grenada before she became an RN. So to all of us new nurses - boy did she cover our tail! I learned so much from her - not just as a nurse, but as a person. Elegance and class just ooze from her. Esther's wedding was beautiful. She got married at the same church where Trey and I married, so that was fun memories for us as well.
Also, before the wedding Trey and I ate lunch with my good friends April and Denise and their husbands. My husband took a picture of us, but those two made me look fat, and it's my blog, so I'm not posting it.

**Oh! and while we were in Lubbock I took my wedding rings to get cleaned at J.Keith's - he and Trey designed my engagement ring. I had gotten used to it's "dirty" look & forgot how beautiful the ring and the diamond could look. Now I don't want to wear it, I just want it to stay in it's gorgeous state.

Evan and Andie finished up their summer gymnastics class last week. Good times were had by all.
And last but not least, my mom left us yesterday. She stayed with us for 6 weeks! 6 weeks she took care of my kids, gave every bath, feed them every meal - what am I going to do?!? I seriously feel like I don't know what to do. 6 weeks off the job, and I am clueless. Even though I didn't really feel like a had a huge break at the time, since I was recovering from two surgeries, it was a nice break. My mother is extremely selfless, flexible, and loving. She had to share a room with Dean the whole time. For whatever reason, Dean threw all my mom's shoes out of the room almost everyday. Don't know why, but he did.

A nana's work is never done - after she left my house, she went to my sister's to stay for another two weeks to help her out. I know it's been tough on my parents to be apart this long. I have the best parents ever. I still need them huge even though I'm 31 years old.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Are you kidding? Whatever! You looked great! It was so much fun getting to see y'all. It is not often enough. I hope your recovery continues to go well without your mom.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    I agree you look beautiful as usual. And the picture of your mom with the kids shows the family resemblence. It was nice to see her smiling face every week as well. She'll be missed by me too.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Moms are the best. I am so thankful your mom could help you through your recovery. I have a feeling you are not all recovered so take it easy. You made me laugh about not putting the picture on your blog. I would have don't the same!! I love you.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Congratulations to Esther! She looks stunning.

    I'm so thankful you've had your mom there. We are sure remembering you today and the next several weeks as you continue to heal and get back into the swing of things.

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home