Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

July 4th

We had beautiful weather on the 4th. The most enjoyable in years. We went out to Trey's parents, and ended up doing most of the celebrating - which always means food - at his grandparents house.
Trey's dad just bought a new 4-wheeler, so he took all the kids for a test drive.
Evan and cousin Joel's reaction to the start of the firework show. But, boy did they loosen up. They were even lighting some of the crazy things. I kinda closed my eyes to that. I trusted that the men in charge knew what they were doing. Giving fire control to 5 yr olds???
Papa and Mimi and 4 of the grandkids.
Sweet Dean was quietly scared of the fireworks. He would snuggle in close to my mom, or his Papa. He would only look at the fireworks through a metal chair. We got so tickled at this. Cause his body would be fully exposed, but he would keep his eyes piered through the holes in the rusty old chair. I guess it created an armor-like protection for him.

Burgers were great - homemade ice cream even better. It took me 3 bowls to decide how good it was. I would have liked to have gone for a fourth, but decided that wasn't ladylike.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Nicole said…

    That picture of Evan and Andie is precious! I loved that stopped yourself at 3 bowls. Homemade ice cream is hard to limit!! I'm glad that ya'll had a great 4th!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Monica said…

    Oh my sweet ladylike friend. What a fun time it looks like you guys had. Little Dean is so big! I have thought about you so much the last few weeks and wondered how you were feeling. Heather said you helped her out at church. First thing I asked was how your hands were. Once again I am hoping to see you in the next few weeks or so. I am planning to go see Heather's house and my friend Julie. : ) I love you.

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    We wish we could have been there. Thanks for posting such wonderful pictures of the family. We miss y'all!!!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lindi said…

    Homemade icecream? I haven't had any in years. Rhonda makes the best with SNICKERS in it. It's delicious. Maybe I need an icecream machine. I think I'll go have some bluebell right now. Thanks for the idea.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    I love the first picture of Evan and Andie too cute. I am still laughing about poor Dean and being so scared of the fireworks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home