Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Family Camping Trip

We decided to go camp on our place this past weekend. Trey has taken Evan in the past. But this was the first time we have all gone together. After we set up camp, Trey's parents and grandparents brought hotdogs and all the fixin's for us to enjoy. The weather was perfect the whole time and the mosquitos were few. I am so glad we did it.

I included this picture of me because Andie took it. She really wanted to take a picture of me. It was a really sweet moment watching her figure out the camera and talk like such a big girl.


The kids would have been happy if the tent and light sticks were all that was involved with the trip. I tried to get them to sing Home, Home on the Range with me, but they just wanted me to keep singing it all by myself.

I loved every part of the trip except midnight to 6am. It sounded like 50 coyotes were howling and growling all around us. One of the times I dosed off, I had a very vivid dream of war-painted, horse riding Indians circling our tent. The rest of the time my back was truly tortured by the ground beneath me. So glad to be back to my Temperpedic.

Trey and the kiddos balancing on this fallen tree.
In the morning we walked all around discovering bones, bois d'arc apples, and lots of great sticks. For now, looking forward to the next time.


3 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    Wish we could have joined you. Miss you guys!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    I love the pictures and esp. the one that Andie took. She seems to have a steady hand with the camera!:)

    Miss you guys and love you. I hope all your plans are succeeding.

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home