Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Monday, November 10, 2008

My day

Well, things around here are usual. At times good, at times madness. I have not been able to balance my work load at home, meaning chores, and the attention my three young children need. For the last several weeks I have found myself very busy doing chores and telling the kids at lot of "not right now", "later" "let me finish ....(fill in the blank)". I love to cross things off my to do list. I never add play with the kids, read them a book, sit down on the floor with them. Maybe that's what I need to do. If it was on the list, I bet I would do it.
To help motivate myself, I have been trying to find some good parenting or family reading material. I have found some ok stuff. Still looking....But what I have been enjoying reading is The Love Dare. Which has nothing to do with parenting. But an awesome book on marriage, and I came across it when looking for a parenting book. Anyway, The book is used in the movie Fireproof. The small group we are in at church are reading it together. Today's dare was a thought that has never occurred to me. A major theme of the book is to tell the reader what love does. Today it is saying, love intercedes prayerfully.



"Have you ever wondered why God gives you overwhelming insight into your spouse's hidden faults? Do you really think it is for endless nagging? No, it is for effective kneeling. No one knows better how to pray for your mate than you." Kendrick, The Love Dare



Then, the reader is asked to pray for their spouse's heart. This hit me in a profound way. I do not have the gift of expressing words to tell you how it effected me, other than to say it was profound. This challenge will change how I pray for my husband.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Thanks! I love that and am going to work on that specific prayer!

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Little Apple said…

    The Captain bought this book after our family camp which was themed after the movie. I look forward to reading it over.

    Great info!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Joley said…

    That sounds like a great book. Everyone I know who has read it loves it. I also like Power of a Praying Wife.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home