Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Man vs Wild

I relived a Man vs Wild moment today. The kids and I were running up and down huge dirt piles newly created on our ranch. A big hole was being dug out by big machinery (to make a tank), so we have great big mounds now. Well, the kids and I had been running and climbing up and down the hill for at least two hours, when..... I stepped, then I sank. I struggled to get my leg out of thick mud, then my next leg goes in - again thick, suction-like mud. In my mind I'm thinking how Man vs. Wild says when in quicksand to stay very still and calm. Even though I was not in quick sand, I was in something as close as I'll ever get. And being calm and still are not options. I wasn't calm cause I was urgently trying to get all my kids to walk away from where I was. I didn't want them to fall in, but they were frozen watching me struggle to get out of the mud pit. When I did get out, I took about 20 pounds of thick mud with me covering my shoes and jeans. So, to get home, I stepped into a trash bag and wrapped it around myself for the drive home. When we got home, I stepped out of the bag, peeling off my shoes, jeans, and socks and left them in the trash bag. Then, cleaned up as much as possible, then go out and buy replacement shoes. So, in this installment of Man vs. Wild - I'd say the wild mud won.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    I can just see the expression on your face when you felt that unrelenting suction of the mud on your legs! I'm so glad that you- being of outdoorsy skills and quick wit- were able to free yourself from the mire and muck. I'm also glad that the kids didn't follow suit (I can just see Dean joining you.) By the way, what did Trey do to help?

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Proud Parents said…

    Funny you mention Trey - he thought I broke my ankle and was very put out because I ruined his chainsawing time - since he had to get me back home and all. Can you feel the love?

     
  • At 6:24 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hilarious about being miffed at losing chainsaw time. I can hear it at my house, too. AND? I think you are totally genius to wrap a trash bag around yourself.

    I have a post at my blog about a Southern Hills blog roll. Go check it out -- I would love it if you would include your name on the list.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger summer said…

    I'd say you showed that mud who's boss. Since you did extract yourself, I think that ultimately qualifies you as the winner. And new shoes! Bonus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home