Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Owl Drug & such

Last weekend, I had a blast going shopping with special friends. We went to nearby towns in hopes of doing some serious Christmas shopping. For those of you close, we went to Brownwood, Santa Anna and Coleman. I was so excited for the whole day. One of the reasons I was so pumped was to go back to Owl Drug in Coleman. Great shopping and a burger/soda fountain in the back beside the pharmacy. Well, my friends and I missed out on this one last week. It closed at 2pm and we got there at 3. I was super bummed. I could feel my inner toddler wanting to stomp my feet and scream. Well, it was a rare day today that we did not have plans. So we decided this morning to head to Owl drug. I found eight more awesome Christmas presents while the kids enjoyed their root beer. I love that the store wrapped them so cute for me. It is such a great place. I would go time any one wants to go. You gotta go!
Notice the cars. That's what the kids food was served in.

Here is my neice, Cora Leigh. She is the one I fell in love with so quick. Evan took the picture using my phone, so that explains the blurriness.


And this is how my kiddos greeted Joley and her kids coming in from Ohio. My sister and brother-in-law are Texans through and through. They have all missed Texas so bad. It has been so nice nice to have Joley and the kids here. Alyn is flying in right now. Look forward to spending the day with him tomorrow. Bonus: He loves yellow cake. So I just finished making the moist yellow cake from Bakerella you see linked on my blog roll. It looked so good! (It's on the November archives.) So it was nice to justify my craving by saying I made it for my brother-in-law.



2 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I'm so glad you got to go! I'll go with you next time. It looks like fun.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Joley said…

    I love Owl drug store! It is my all time favorite place to shop and eat. Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome when we arrived at the airport. We enjoyed the signs and all of the hugs. You have the sweetest kids. We already miss all of you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home