Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Milestones !!

My parenting style was fairly similar with my first two children. Adding a third in so close together, some of my techniques changed to help reduce my stress level. Example: When Evan and Andie were between 9-12 weeks of age they starting sleeping through the night. On occasion they would cry for a few minutes. (I followed Baby Wise closely.) I could never stand to let Dean cry for fear of waking everyone else up. Well, he was 9 months old and was still getting up 2-3 times a night. I finally realized my decision to keep everyone sleeping, was getting me no rest. Would you know it only took 2 nights of giving him his paci instead of feeding him - and he instantly started sleeping 12 hours?!?

And I'm very happy to say that my 3 1/2 year old is officially and completely potty trained! It has been a long, hard road. But what a victory it feels like now! He had a HUGE emotional hang up with doing the #2 thing on the potty. I truly think a child psychologist would have been intrigued by him. He has conquered his whatever the hang up was - you should see how proud he is.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Good job! I hope you have more sleepfilled nights this week!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    Yay, yay, and YAY!
    I know that I don't fully grasp the hugeness of all of this, but I'm so very happy for you!

    Love,
    Celeste

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger April Carrasco said…

    Good Job Evan!!! I am so happy for all of you. One less, in diapers, happy day!!! I hear you on the sleeping through the night thing. I did the same with Kole and it kicks your rear after a while. Who knows what I will do with the 3rd?!? You are a great mom, good job!!!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Monica said…

    Poop in the potty and a complete nights rest, what more could a 29 year old ask for. : ) Praise God for less dumping in the pants!! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home