Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas clothes

Grandave and Nana gave the kids these cute outfits. Here are the kids all dressed and ready for our 8:15 church service this morning. Evan is suppost to be holding Dean up in the picture. Trey clicked the shot - then I caught Dean as he was sliding down the side of the seat. He didn't care - floppy is a way of life for him.

I got to take Evan shopping with me Friday night. We had a really good time shopping. He gets so excited about everything he sees. As we enter Old Navy he shouts "LOOK AT ALL THE CLOTHES!!" He had attention and giggles from many shoppers. As we entered another store, I gave him some money to put in the salvation army bell ringers bucket. I'm thinking this is going to be so sweet and such a great lesson for him. Evan was so excited. He put the money in, then stood back and waited. He turned his head to the side then tried to burry his face in the bucket. He looked confused, and asked,"What's gonna happen momma?" The bell ringer told him how he was helping some other boys and girls have a Merry Christmas. Evan is now trying to dig his hand in the bucket - repeating, "what's gonna happen?" The kind bell ringer is still trying to tell Evan how he is helping....I just have to take Evan's hand and walk away. Once he saw all the Christmas trees in the next store, his disappointment was forgotten.

The kids are really into Christmas stories. Our kids Bible just falls right open to the birth of Jesus. Evan's favorite is the part about "The Angry King." When I first told him the story. I said Joseph and Mary hid baby Jesus from Herod. Evan thinks I said hit baby Jesus. So Evan tells me to read about the king who hit Jesus. Andie will wrap a blanket around her face and say in a sweet voice,"I Mary, I Mary." Evan puts a blanket on his head and says,"I'm the king. I hit Jesus." What else can I do but giggle.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Noel Green said…

    What a precious picture and what a great story:). Ha! It made me smile, too:).

    We're back, and oh, so jet lagged! It's kinda fun though. We woke up bright and early, but that means doom and gloom for about 4:00 today:).

    Love you and miss you -

    Celeste

     

Post a Comment

<< Home