Proud Parents

I am a happy wife with a loving husband. I have three adorable, sweet, and energetic children. Our intention with each day is to serve the Lord. Our blessings are numerous.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Decking @ Husband's Request

Underneath the house aftering the decking was placed. Trey still has some plans for under here. Big plans. Just be warned when you come visit this house, you will be expected to go under here and check it out. Whether you want to or not.....please be working on your excited responses. You have about 6 months to work on it.
Beams and decking being placed over the piers. The square in the upper right if where the fireplace is going.

I think the kids are all saying "House!"
In this picture you can see the metal circles on top of each beam. Trey had his friend, Clay make them. They are termite shields - keep the little destroyer's from getting up to the framing. The wood beam in between Evan and Andie has a "U" shaped one on the end of it. Also for termites, but it will also act as a moisture barrier between the concrete and the wood. Apparently concrete is thirsty, or something. Technical explanation, I know, I can feel my husband's head shaking right now.


2 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Joley said…

    That is so neat. I am very excited for you all. I can't wait to see it for myself and hear Trey's excited and very detailed explanation for everything that has been done. Termite shields, who would have 'thunk' it.

    I can just imagine the playroom Trey has planned for the "ground floor" of your home. He is such a big kid!

    I will act excited for Trey, but save my true excitement for the awesome decorating I am anxious to see INSIDE your house. Especially the kitchen!!!

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    OK - now I'm all caught up. So fun to see the pictures, but still want to see it in person. It's going to be beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home